OUR 80TH ANNIVERSARY
WHAT A PARTY
MARCH 2010 FEATURED SPEAKER
FOR OUR GENERAL MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON
ASSEMBLYMAN CHUCK DeVORE
What a great luncheon! We had a very large turnout to hear from Assemblyman DeVore.
FEBRUARY 2010 FEATURED SPEAKER
FOR OUR GENERAL MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON
TOM DEL BECARRO
Always a favorite with our membership,
Vice Chair of the California Republican Party
entertained as well as informed!
What a great start to the New Year! It was an honor to have Murriel Oles, CFRW Northern Division President, install our new officers during our January General Luncheon Meeting. I bet those who attended the Installation Ceremony learned something new - Murriel’s presentation was spicy!!
Dottie Linden (standing in for Treasurer Sue Scott), Murriel Oles (Installing officer), Janet Gardner (President), Margie DeRow (Financial Review Officer) , Marylou Colombo (Co-Recording Secretary), Beverlee Gross (Parliamentarian), Beverly Anderson (2nd Vice President), Mary Smothers (Co-Recording Secretary), TerriLyn Alexander (1st Vice President) and Claudia Dickerson (Corresponding Secretary)
There are more pictures from this event in the Members Only section under Photo Albums.
Holiday for Heroes
CFRW Northern Division Conference
in Concord, November 13-15, 2009
WOW! Sacramento RWF was in the spotlight this weekend as we had many awards and nominations! Nominated for Lady of Liberty Awards were Dottie Linden - Member of the Year, Hardest Working Member - Janet Gardner, and Most Enthusiastic - Karen Klinger. We also recieved recognition of our Diamond Club Award, received a Circle of Excellence for Membership and 3rd Place in our category for New Member recruitment, and Honorable Mention in the CFRW Contest and Third Place in Northern Division's contest for our Newsletter. Congratulations to everyone! Congratulations to Muriel Oles, President Elect of CFRW ND and the rest of the elected 2010 Board. We look forward to an exciting year ahead!
A special thank you to President Liz Froelich for her 2 years of leadership and friendship. Northern Division will be getting the Eagle for Membership and the Obelisk for most Diamond Award Clubs back- and all the ladies of the Sacramento RWF shouldbe proud of their contributions!
Check out www.cfrwnd.org for more information
WOW ! What a celebration of our 78th Anniversary!
The Sacramento Republican Women Federated had a wonderful celebration on June 10th. Joining us were representatives from most of our local legislators with warm wishes and thanks. We had Michelle Panos from Congressman Lungren’s Office, Bob Spiegel from Assemblyman Dave Cox’s Office, Vanessa McCarthy-Olmstead from Assemblyman Niello’s Office, Ted Wolter from Supervisor MacGlashan’s and Howard Schmidt from Supervisor Peters’ offices.
We celebrated over 2000 hours of volunteer time, over 500 registered voters and donations of supplies and money to our troops and charities. It was also our privilege to recognize our members of 50+ years!
Joining President Dottie Linden and 2nd
Vice President Jac Beigel were Sadie Onnigian, Lola Brekke, and Avalon Hahn. Not able to join us was Ivey Adell Lambert who was out of town.
How nice it was to see everyone who came to celebrate with us, including our guest speaker Dr. Charles Self aka Dr. History to tell us about what we need to continue doing into the future for our Republican Party.
Congratulations to all SRWF Members and a special thank you to our supportive legislators for the following recognition received at the Membership Celebration on June 10th:
- Congratulations from Congressman Dan Lungren with a message honoring the members of SRWF for their years of hard work and dedication on behalf of the Republican Party.
- Certificate of Recognition from Assemblyman Roger Niello for SRWF members’ years of dedication to the Republican Party along with a letter honoring our years of volunteering, registering voters, working for charities, supporting the troops and their families and spreading education on Republican Values.
- Certificate of Recognition from Senator Dave Cox for SRWF members making “Many positive contributions to the Republican Party and our Community.”
- Certificate of Recognition from Assemblyman Ted Gaines congratulating SRWF members for 78 years of service to the Republican Party.
- A Resolution from Supervisors Roberta MacGlashan and Susan Peters proclaiming appreciation to SRWF for their exemplary efforts put forth to promote education and involvement in the political process and community.